1. Most of our problems are imaginary problems.
2. It would be nice to enjoy, for once, being here, rather than always wanting to be somewhere better and doing something more interesting.
3. What we have now is what we used to want.
4. Just because other people are doing A, doesn’t mean I need to start doing A.
5. There are no real obligations in this world.
6. Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity.
7. Perfectionism is more toxic than you imagine. Watch yourself and notice how often you’re being a perfectionist without even realising it. And see how it chips away at your happiness.
8. Read everything but don’t be afraid to give up anything that turns out awful or mediocre.
9. Writing is the medium of learning (not the other way around).
10. Find opportunities to be kind. Every day.
Bonus thought: Practise what you believe as much as you can, but always be kind to yourself when you can’t.