1. Most of our problems are imaginary problems.
2. It would be nice to enjoy, for once, being here, rather than always wanting to be somewhere better and doing something more interesting.
3. What we have now is what we used to want.
4. Just because other people are doing A, doesn’t mean I need to start doing A.
5. There are no real obligations in this world.
6. Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity.
7. Perfectionism is more toxic than you imagine. Watch yourself and notice how often you’re being a perfectionist without even realising it. And see how it chips away at your happiness.
8. Read everything but don’t be afraid to give up anything that turns out awful or mediocre.
9. Writing is the medium of learning (not the other way around).
10. Find opportunities to be kind. Every day.
Bonus thought: Practise what you believe as much as you can, but always be kind to yourself when you can’t.
2 thoughts on “ten recent thoughts”
I cannot tell you how much I love this list and how much I agree with it. I feel like I’ve come to many of these conclusions as well and this is a great reminder of how life is.
Number 2 and 7 really hit home with me. I don’t think of myself as a perfectionist in all aspects of my life, but in certain areas I push myself to that. Not only does it chip away at my happiness but it causes a tremendous amount of self-doubt.